Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Saying hello to 2017!

This year has flown by. It's been a year filled with lots of ups, but also quite a few downs. I've been placed in situations that I never imagined I'd be in. However, with support from my amazing husband, mom and dad, and for my best friends checking on me (shoutouts to Sam, Teach, and Stass) I've learned that I can survive pretty much anything.  I'm hoping that this new year brings comfort, as well as exciting new things to those I love that had suffering this year. Let's just say, I'm ready for 2017!

Here's my year's highlights:

January- March: House Hunting! Looked at hundreds online, only toured one house, but fell in love instantly. We celebrated 9 months in our new home this month and had our first Christmas Eve party here. So many good memories there already and only more to come!

February- Disney World visit (Magic Kingdom and Epcot)

June- Family cruise to the Bahamas (first time on an ATV), 1st Anniversary, brand new car

July- Mikel's Birthday trip to Sliding Rock and the monsoon that kept us trapped in the brand new car

August- Started my new job as a 2nd Grade teacher at my dream schoo l(fell in love with my students and the school!)

September- Birthday trip to Asheville, brother's wedding in Edisto

November- Myrtle Beach trip (showed him how to party like it was 2005)

December- Mikel graduated from Winthrop with a Masters in Sports and Fitness Administration (can't wait to see where his future takes him.. still hoping for Panther's head coach.. watch out Rivera)
 
Also excited to welcome Baby Landon and Baby Mary Margaret to the world this year!

Here are my goals for 2017:

1. Actually finish a house project that I start. (Mud room bench, patio redo, guest room dresser, closet office)

2. Fence in our backyard (okay, these are all homeowner problems).

3. Make time for weekly family gatherings.

4. Zumba every week (hello YMCA membership!) and hopefully more than once a week (ummm I can't Zumba when I'm teaching kids how to read... Get some later times, people!)

5. More weekend vacations (including a hopeful trip to LA to see our fam and maybe an anniversary trip that is just. the. two. of. us.)

I'm looking forward to spending my night...at home... in my PJ's... watching the ball drop on my TV with my three favorite boys (Mikel, Cooper, and Lucky) #lifeasa29yearold



Have a fantastic year!




No comments:

Post a Comment