Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Wishes



One day left... I can see the light. . I am just so exhausted. I've been staying at school until after 5 everyday, then doing school work at home right until bedtime. My poor pup just lays around because he has no one to play with. I don't have time for the gym, time to see my fiance (I can't get used to that), or even time to celebrate my engagement. But that's all gonna change in ONE DAY! ....well two days cause I have a teacher work day and all.

I saw this summer linky party and I just KNEW I had to join!


1. Fun times with my love. We might work at the same place, but that doesn't mean we get to see each other. Since I moved to a different city, it's been hard to coordinate nights when we are both available to see each other. Between his coaching and my crafting and our endless school work, date nights usually fall on the weekends. We've already planned our Carowinds trip to jumpstart our summer and a June beach trip to Edisto. Not to mention we're taking the plunge and moving in together this summer too. *gasp* Yes, conservative family members, I'm moving in with a boy before we get married. But when you want to see that person all the time, why not?

2. Plan most of the wedding. Besides doing a little tutoring and bangle making this summer, I'm completely free from obligations. That means more time to tour venues, finalize the guest list, and really get going with all of the planning. My goal is to have most of the hard work done so we don't have to worry so much during the school year! I've already marked my calendar with a Bridal Expo in August!

3. Spend more time with family. I love the fact that my family takes a beach trip every June. I hope that's something we can continue to do for a long time. I can't wait to sit in the sand on my favorite beach and spend those seven days with my family. 

4. Read more books- FOR FUN! My mind is full at the end of each day and it's hard to get into a good book. I purchased Emily Giffin's new book the day it came out and I can't wait to really dive into it this summer. Any more fun, romcom, girly books you recommend?

5. Pool Days- I am leaving my apartment near the end of July, so I want to make the most out of my pool. That thing is so nice. It's a salt water pool, so you don't smell like chlorine after you go for a dip! I love it! I want to have more friends come over and enjoy it with me. Or just make my roommate play hooky from work to come. The hospital can survive without nurses, right? No? Darn.

6. Make our new house a home. I'm moving back to my my hometown (and closer to my school) this summer. I can't wait to decorate our new place when the fiance and I move in together. This will be my first time living with a boy (besides my brother and dad, of course) so I want to make it gender-neutral cute! I already have some ideas brewin!

7. Teachers Pay Teachers- I really want to find time this summer to make some things for Teachers Pay Teachers. I'm hoping to get a new laptop since mine is always on the fritz. Anyone wanna buy me this: Apple® - MacBook Air® (Latest Model) - 13.3" Display - Intel Core i5 - 4GB Memory - 128GB Flash Storage - Larger Front
8. Netflix Marathons- Yes... I want to plan a couple of days of doing absolutely nothing but watch Netflix. Orange is the New Black has their second season coming out soon and there are some other Series I want to get into. I think I deserve a little R&R time. My neighbors have already seen my in my pjs still at 4pm, so they won't think anything differently when I take little breaks to walk Cooper.

9. CRICUT PROJECTS!- Have you ever had a Room Mom who just gets you? I mean she just totally understands what you want and need! That's what I had this year! When she asked me what I would like for my classroom/for home, I shyly mentioned a cricut/cameo/some sort of cute crafting device. I had my fingers crossed, but I know those things can get expensive. She took up money from my class and got a great deal on a Cricut for me! She even gave me cash so I could purchase more cartridges. I can't wait to start playing with it and make all sorts of cute crafts. AND MONOGRAM EVERYTHING!

10. Professional Development- Okay, so obviously I plan to do a lot of relaxing and *me* things, but I do want to do some school work. I would love to attend a conference or complete Mentor Training. I'm gonna be on the look out for those opportunities! 

Today is my last day of school! Only today and one more work day separates me from SUMMER!

What's on your summer to-do list?



No comments:

Post a Comment