Friday, September 5, 2014

Five for Friday!

What a fun Friday it has been! We did a fun mural activity (more info below) and we had our first ever school-wide, Kindergarten through 12th grade PEP RALLY! I love school spirit events. I was pretty big involved in pep clubs in high school, so I want to instill that school pride in my students now!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to do my Five for Friday!

This week has been a great one because it was MY BIRTHDAY! Every year, since about 1999, my best friend Samantha and I celebrate our birthdays together. One big celebration to get our friends together and to have some fun. This year we went to Cowfish (my favorite) and hung out at her house afterwards. It's crazy to think that next year when we celebrate, I'll be a MRS!

I was very spoiled this birthday with things that I love, but I know birthdays are not all about presents. I'm just happy that I got to see my friends, my family, my love, and my dogs to celebrate my special day. But I just have to show off the new Alex and Ani bangles I got. (USC and Cupcake I already owned) I gave Sam the "Best" bangle and kept the "Friends" bangle, she gave me the key bangle, then Mr. R gave me the feather bangle. They're perfect. *love*
Okay, on to the teaching part of my blog.... because honestly school is where I've been spending most of my time. We've been learning all about the three different types of communities this week: rural, suburban, and urban. The students got in 3 groups and each group had to draw one of the mentioned communities in a big mural. And guess what- this is a perfect way to practice our classroom community! No arguing makes for a very happy teacher. I have one artistic class!
Here's our K5-12th grade pep rally! Of course, you can't see half of the school because of the side I'm sitting on, but you get the idea. This was a fun students vs. faculty volleyball game. I loved seeing my kiddos so excited. I hope they are always this excited about school.

Okay so this hasn't actually happened yet... but I'm so excited to have my first dress shopping day on Sunday! I'm just taking my mom with me because I want to get an idea of some different things that I like. But knowing me and how I have to have what I want right when I want it... I might end up saying yes on Sunday. We'll see!

I hope everyone has a terrific weekend! Mine will be filled with food trucks, football, church, and shopping!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun birthday! I love those friendships where you can always pick up where you left off. Have fun picking out your wedding dress- such an exciting time for you!

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog on the link-up!! LOVE your Alex and Ani bracelets!!! I have the cupcake one too!! Have fun dress shopping!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete