Friday, September 26, 2014

Five for Friday

It's been a hard week, yall. I shared the heartaches of my YPA family last night, but I want to take some time to show a little bit of the good that has happened this week. But just because this post may be happy, that doesn't mean my heart is completely whole again. Hug your loved ones tight this weekend.

Love, love, love. I am just so in love..... with our photographer. And of course this ginger man too :) Mikel and I had our engagement photos this week at the Riverwalk. We were just a few steps away from where we will get married next June. We shared so many giggles during our personal photo shoot, and I'm amazed by how this sneak peek turned out! Southernly Studios is AWESOME! I absolutely cannot wait to see all of the pictures and choose our Save the Date photo!

How adorable is this? I found it on GroopDealz in August and it finally came in this week! I painted it (that was quite a task) and hung it up on my classroom door yesterday. 2nd Grade really does rock! :)

You know how I'm all about some singing? Well I'm really all about some rapping! Good thing my class is too- the beat, the words, just everything is great about this song. Earlier this week, verbs were a new thing... now they know If you can do it, then you do it. If you do it it's a verb. [end rap]

This week of stories might just be my favorite week of the whole year. I grew up with the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie so of course I was thrilled when I found the whole Laura Numeroff series. My obsession with cupcakes was passed on to my kiddos when I read this circle story favorite (not to mention we're having cupcakes today too!) If you do an author study on Laura Numeroff, then you have got to check out Made for First Grade's circle story activity here!

I get to go to my wedding venue on Sunday! Mom and I are going to another Bridal Show at Brakefield. I can't wait to see it looking all pretty inside. And I especially can't wait until it's MY big day there :)


But I got to get one big RANT out. EVERYDAY when it has been our turn to go outside, it is RAINING. Well, not really raining... it's like a mist. It's terrible. But what's even worse is it stops as soon as it's time for the next grade to go out. I told my students to cross their fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes this weekend and hope for some good weather next week!




2 comments:

  1. Engagement pictures are so exciting and your venue looks absolutely gorgeous!
    I also totally feel your rainy day recess pain. It has rained EVERY day here right as we are lining up to go out-ugh!

    Have a great rest of your weekend.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete