Monday, December 1, 2014

Currently the best month of the YEAR!


I'm pretty sure that Elf was talking about me when he heard that I FINALLY did the Currently blog linky party of the first day of the month. It's a Christmas Miracle, y'all.

Parents be warned: if for some reason you are sitting with your child and think "aww let's read Ms. P's blog together" please don't. There's a Santa Spoiler and I'm not trying to ruin anyone's life today.

Okay, read on :)


Listening- I love Elf. It's the best. It makes me smile and I can quote it word for word. I would say it's the best Christmas movie, but nothing can top Christmas Vacation or Home Alone (both tied for first place and both featuring a GIF at the bottom of this post).

Loving- Every year I have had a classroom full of 25 Santa believers. I mean they have always been Santa's number one fan. Until this year... I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a warm September day and the kids were chatting while packing up and that's when I heard it. The ten worst words you can hear in the classroom: "You know, Santa is really just your mom and dad." Wait, what? No. I didn't just hear that come from a 7 year old's mouth. Fast forward to November... I heard 3 more kids say it. That makes 4, FOUR, non-believers. I can't. I just knew that my Elf on the Shelf was going to be a bust. I mean almost 1/5 of my class doesn't believe. But then Buddy showed up today. And he decorated the classroom while they were at Art. And boy did he get them good. Those non-believers were in awe. (And I was just out of breath because I mean I decorated the classroom all by myself in a matter of twenty minutes).

Thinking- I spent so much time analyzing my student work for parent conferences, so it's hard to want to do that again. I need to sit down and assess what's been going on since then. I see lots of tutoring opportunities coming for my kiddos.

Wanting- I'm that weird person that actually LOVES wrapping presents. My parents used to make me wrap for them, and lord knows I need to wrap for Mr. R, but I don't mind it one bit. I can't wait to have the whole living room filled with wrapped presents.

Needing- I finally found the Starbucks Peppermint Mocha at Walmart (it's near the milk and coffee creamer) and oh my goodness, I am hooked. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I literally go gaga over the limited time Peppermint Mochas. Having my own at-home container is a much cheaper alternative to my Target Starbucks trips.

Giving- I know that it is better to give than receive. But instead of me telling you everything I'm doing to give back to the community, I want to give you some advice: don't rush the next 14 days by. I'm the first one to post on facebook about how I can't wait until the next break. But why should we rush these next few days? We're going to have 14 days of fun, important activities to get us ready for Winter Break. Not to mention, there are a ton of fun things going on in the community, so why should I waste my time away??

I'll end with my two favorite Christmas movie moments.




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you keep the season magical for your kiddos! Also - you are so right about not rushing those school days away. It's an easy thing to do - but then you're also rushing the whole holiday season! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you turned those non-believers into believers!!! It is sad how early kids seem stop believing these days! I think I believed until I was like 12 or 13.

    ~Traci
    The Benders Bunch

    ReplyDelete