Saturday, January 17, 2015

January, get outta here.

Reader beware, there's a little bit of whining in this post. If that's not your thang, see ya next post.

January is the worst. There are no fun holidays. It's cold. The gym is too crowded. Students are still hyped up from Christmas candy. Our school doesn't get paid for 6 weeks.... ugh it's just terrible.

That's a typical January. This January is on a whole other level. It started out with needing 1,000 dollars worth of car repairs and almost 1,000 dollars worth of dentist work for the future hubs (and it wasn't even for anything out of the ordinary- BCBS, you're not my friend). This month has also included the heartbreaking decision to put our 15 year old puppy to sleep. One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make, but I keep telling myself that it was for the best. Even though I know that, it doesn't make it hurt any less.

I'm also experiencing a first in my teaching life. For the first time ever, I feel as though I am not reaching two of my students. For every step we take, I feel like we are jumping backwards two times. I think back to my first year of teaching when I helped a student go from a kindergarten level to an on-grade level in reading. I keep praying and hoping for success. I know that I'm probably lucky in the sense that this is the first time it's happened to me in 5 years of teaching, but I still feel as though I am failing. However, there is one thing that I'm definitely not, and that is a quitter. So we're going to keep on trying new techniques and get them to where they need to be.

Another stressful event right now is definitely wedding planning. There are just so many things I never thought about needing to rent/buy for the big day. I am so, so excited to spend the day marrying my best friend in front of our friends and family. But I just can't seem to get it all under control. We're paying for the wedding ourselves and the prices of things are outrageous. I know that it will all come together in the end, but I just can't see the final product in my head yet.

Enough of the pity party, because there is so much for me to be excited about right now. Two of my bff's and I are throwing our first ever baby shower for baby Caroline, Valentine's Day is right around the corner, my own wedding events will start soon, the wedding itself is only 5 months away, and not to mention the fact that LILLY PULITZER is collaborating with TARGET. If there ever was a successful love triangle, it would be between me, LP, and Target. My only worry is whether or not I can register for it?!?!?!

I'm not going to let January get me down. And I like to think that next year I'll be more ready for the challenge. But as of right now, I'm counting down the days until February.

I've at least gotta give my readers a little something, something to make this post worth while. So I give you a clip to make you smile and to show you that my future daughter will be like this... one day.

Two year old lip syncs to Taylor Swift!

No comments:

Post a Comment