Monday, February 2, 2015

Currently February

Can I just start by saying how glad I am that January is OVER. That month had me feeling all sorts of sad and I'm so glad it is behind me.

Before I start my Currently February, let me tell you about how my January ended...

As I left work on Friday, I started thinking to myself "everything is going great! The kids were great, I got paid, I'm going out tonight, the wedding planning is on a roll." And then I got a phone call from my mom. She told me that my dad was in the ER with high blood pressure and low potassium. I didn't know exactly what had happened, so I rushed to the ER. After seeing 100 nurses and doctors, he ended up having a two night stay in the hospital to get his levels regulated. I was at the hospital a lot when my grandparents were alive, but it is absolutely terrifying to see your parent in there. I was so scared and worried, but the whole ordeal has really further confirmed my faith. The only reason we were able to get my dad to the hospital in time was because he was pulled over by a police officer while he was driving. The policeman noticed that something just wasn't right, so he called a medic. It's so scary to think about what could have happened if dad wouldn't have gotten into the hospital in time. Guardian angles are real, yall. And if you don't believe in them, then I feel sorry for you. Because I know first hand they exist. I hope I find out who the police officer is, so I can say thank you. Dad is home and doing good, just has to make sure his medicine dosage is right. Then he's gonna have to rest up for that daddy dance in June! God is SO good.

Here's what's going on at the start of my February. This month just has to be better than last month, right?

I'm linking up with Farley's party over at Oh Boy 4th Grade!


Listening: If it's Monday night between 8pm and 10pm, you can find me in front of the TV, watching my show. Mr. R acts like he hates it, but he asks questions about the show, so I know he's interested.

Loving: Eeeek! I am in wedding ordering mode! I ordered my wedding garters today (keepsake and toss away). I also ordered our cake topper. Can't wait to get both of these in and see how they look.

Thinking: I just can't stop thinking about everything that happened this weekend with my dad. I hope everyone hugs their daddy super tight the next time they see him. Keep him in your prayers that we can keep his health in check!

Wanting: I'll be honest... when I was single, I was not the biggest fan of Valentine's. But now that I'm in love and all, I just want the world to know it. I'm ready to spend some time with my feyonce!

Needing: It's tax season! Usually I just can't wait to file my taxes, but I'm a little nervous about my small business taxes this year. I just hope I do everything right. It's my goal to file by Friday!

Pageant Title: Cupcake Queen, I mean duh.

Well, it's time for me to focus my attention on Prince Farming. And keep my fingers crossed that he sends home crazy Ashley I. #girlbye


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the engagement!! Wedding planning is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending strength and prayers that your Dad's health continues to improve. He will be so proud to twirl you about at your wedding reception! Both of my parents are gone now, but I understand how hard it is when your parents have medical issues and you become the worrier and caregiver.

    I hope you plan to have cupcakes at your wedding! Two that I have been to recently had wonderful displays with all different flavors! And they are so much easier (ad more fun) to eat than a slice of cake!

    ~Jennifer
    Stories and Songs in Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your dad, but grateful that he made it through and is home getting better. Good Luck on your wedding~ Enjoy your Valentine's ~ GB

    intransition678.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete