Monday, November 2, 2015

The Eleventh Month

2015...calm down. It's like I blink and ten days pass by. I absolutely l.o.v.e October. The Riders celebrated it by going to the State Fair, hanging out with our besties at the last Food Truck Friday of the season, with too many walks to the new brewery RIGHT BESIDE MY HOUSE (The man upstairs heard my prayers on that one), and finished it off with fondue and trick-or-treaters on Halloween. And the best thing about Halloween is that it officially kicks off HOLIDAY SEASON! I am 100% against decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. My mom's love of Thanksgiving decorations was passed down for me. So don't come trying to deck my halls until November 27th.

Here's what I'm up to so far this month! *Ahem* I'm only one day late!


Listening- I love my church and I love my church's music. So calming after the Monday of all Mondays.

Loving- People, keep posting pictures of your babies and toddlers in their Halloween costumes. I can't get enough! Serious baby fever going on over here (not for my own... just for hugging on them!) I love the pictures I've seen!

Thinking- Life is so hard at times. You get things under control and then the unexpected happens. I'm working on myself though and that's all I can really do.

Wanting- My matrons of honors (all 3 of them) got married one right after another, so it only makes sense for them to have babies right after each other. I'm throwing my 3rd and last baby shower of the year on Saturday for my longest bff Samantha. Her baby is due right around Christmas and I can't wait to hold that sweet boy!

Needing- F'n'P. That's all I need to say.... f n p.

Yummy- Yall. Pumpkin crisp is my JAM. I use my mom's recipe, but this website has a pretty close version of it: http://thomens.blogspot.com/2010/09/recipe-of-week_29.html I make it every year and was so excited to make it for Mr. R's family last Thanksgiving... until I burnt it so bad that we had to throw it out and show up empty handed :( Note to self- watch it!!!

Happy November!


2 comments:

  1. Oh My!!! Three baby showers!!! I feel you, we have had a series of babies at my work. I'm so glad it's them and not me, I'm way too old for all that! I do love the grand baby snuggles though! Enjoy November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I am your anti-person right now because we're all about decorating. I will say that I love Thanksgiving, though, and I tend to just extend them both. I think they complement each other nicely. I'm with you on the reading assessments. I have SO many to do because my kids are getting ready to move to the next level. Enjoy those baby showers, and you can check out my personal blog for a cute picture of my little guy!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete