Friday, March 17, 2017

MAP Math Review

My second grade smarties have their spring MAP test for Math on Monday afternoon. We had 4 days this week to review and expand our math knowledge. When you have a group of students that can handle the area model for 2 digit multiplication, you reward them with some review centers. The kids see it as fun, but they don't realize they are actually reviewing everything we've learned. Let's keep that our little secret!

While my students were in these centers, I worked with students individually on areas they needed extra assistance on. It was great to get to know my students more as math learners, and they loved the one-on-one attention!

 Hot Dots are still our fave! Love that it's second grade specific.

 They had the option to use the flash masters or good old fashioned flash cards to practice fast facts. They seemed to like the old school way the best!


 New skill this week: perimeter and area: they used the Tetris pieces to build rectangles/squares and then figured out the perimeter and area of each one.

 I can't believe how fast they picked up on the palettes! I'm not even going to admit how long it took me to figure these things out. But they are quickly becoming my favorite thing! We had skip counting, addition/subtraction, and fractions cards to practice.


 Fraction circles to review numerator/denominator (vocabulary words for the week)

Geoboards to practice symmetry. I still could sit and play with these things for hours. They loved learning that a circle has an infinite amount of lines of symmetry.

Today I'm planning, doing some odds and ends in my classroom, and meeting with my team because it's a Teacher Work Day. This weekend I'm celebrating St. Patty's day, then heading up to NC to visit my best friend, her husband, and my Godson. It's going to be a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment