Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Laundry Room Makeover

“Hey Mr. R we should redo the laundry room” was something I muttered around 10 weeks of pregnancy. He was all for it when I showed him the Alexa-enabled washer and dryer I wanted. Our machines were on the fritz and seriously about thirty years old, so it was time to be grown ups and buy a new set anyways.

Here’s what our laundry room looked like before:

We had a little bit of everything in here. Once we got the new appliances we started storing the dog food in our pantry. All of the other mess is now nicely organized where it belongs.

Once school started back, I just didn’t have any time to plan what I was wanting to do in this space. Then nesting happened and I decided that it wasn’t enough to just remodel a spare room into a nursery. Nope I decided to go ahead and remodel the laundry room... at 36 weeks pregnant. 

Many trips to Home Depot were made for this project. I used Behr White Lie for the paint (don’t worry, I used a paint mask and took frequent breaks.) The cabinet is Hampton Bay and that was Mr. R’s job to install. I really wanted floating shelves but couldn’t find a design that fit the space and didn’t require a Kref Jig. Then I found the plans for adding the little support on the sides and putting the shelves on top. Gives the illusion of a floating shelf, but was an easy install! Home Depot cut the shelves for me. After some caulking, the project was all finished! We love how it turned out: 


I’ll post nursery pictures soon! I still have a couple of little things to do in there. I’m just so darn happy the laundry room is done that I had to share it!


No comments:

Post a Comment