Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Cleaning, Happened So Fast.... Wait those aren't the right words?

It is officially summer. Well, yesterday was the official mark of Summer, but man it's felt like summer for a couple of months now.So far I have been busy, busy, despite having a job (which is pro-choice). Today started my teacher cleaning. I have about 4 boxes filled with papers that I need to sort. Everything from pronouns to borrowing and all that in-between. I'm trying to have everything sorted and ready to go so I can be one efficiently ready Second Grade Teacher.

I'm in the process of redoing my library in my classroom. Who knew that could be so much work!! I took suggestions from my students to find out what books I should get for next year, but that can get pretty expensive. I'm hoping to hit up my first yard sale (yep- my first yard sale EVER...sheltered life) and get some good books. I'm also working on blueprints (all by myself) to build shelves for my book nook. The shelves the school gave me are too big and don't fit what I need them to fit. I want to build them and paint them a fun color. Now I'm trying to decide how many book containers I should get to fit the different themes of books. So far I have:
  • Nonfiction: Magazines
  • Dr. Seuss
  • Disney Books
  • Dinosaur Books (Fiction and Nonfiction)
  • Junie B. Jones
  • Animals (Fiction and Nonfiction)
  • Easy Reads
  • Black Lagoon Books
  • Chapter Books
  • Flat Stanley
  • Quick Chapter Books
  • Various Fiction
Hoping to add:
  • Magic Tree House Books
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid
I know I have more books, and there are many more series that I need. But I'm doing my "thrift" research now.

I'm hoping for my library to look something like this: (Used at another teacher's website)

That's just an idea. I want more color (for anyone who has been in my classroom, you know I like it colorful!) and I will add my rug and bean bags.

Alrighty, the smell of fried squash is calling me to the dining room. I love visiting my parents (not to mention that their internet is faster than mine)

Funny quote from a funny kid:
"Gabe, are you going to eat that Ranch?"
"Nah, I'm not feeling very Ranch-y today."

No comments:

Post a Comment