Friday, September 28, 2012

But Writing Just Ain't My Thang!

I did not keep my promise of more blog updates. This school year has been an EXTREMELY busy one. As we end day 26 I can finally take a breather to gather my thoughts.

We are all moved in (well mostly) to our new school. I will post classroom pics later when I'm on my laptop at home. Our technology is slowly coming together (but I'm the only one on my hall who does not have a projector yet!). The kids are loving the school and I am loving my students! I have twenty-two wonderfully smart students who love school and everything about it.

At the beginning of the year I was offered a promotion to become the lead teacher for our second and third grade team. I put a lot of thought into it and was excited to accept this new position! As soon as I said yes, I was whisked away to San Francisco to learn about our new Character Education program called Character Counts! If you are looking for one at your school, I HIGHLY recommend it- check out charactercounts.org for more details. This new role has a lot of new responsibilities but I have already learned so much. I am excited to see what the rest of the school year brings!

The title of this post is because writing is a struggle for my smarty pants second graders. I actually had a student say to me "But writing just ain't my thang!" It made me realize that I have GOT to interest them more with writing. Needless to say I'm spending my weekend on Pinterest and other blogs to find out more ideas!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment