Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Burning the candle at both ends

After checking out some of my favorite teacher blogs, I am relieved that I'm not the on,y one who feels overwhelmed! It's bad when the whole teaching part is the easiest thing on your plate. With lead meetings, parent conferences, intervention plans, and other committee meetings, I'm just trying to keep my head above water!

We are rocking and rolling in double digit addition with regrouping. These kids caught on after the first day (cue the applause!) We did two days of hands-on, concrete addition with our base ten blocks and today we learned the algorithm. We already hit three digit sums today- every second grade teacher dreams of their students mastering this skill! We are going to work on a little double digit addition word problem project next week involving some creepy crawlers. Stay tuned for pictures!

Until next time, I will be spending all of my free time learning about COMMON CORE (dun dun dunnnnn).

No comments:

Post a Comment