Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spookin' Around in Second Grade

That's it...someone must be out to get me! Halloween and CogAt/ITBS in the same week?! Ay yi yi.

Nonetheless, the show must go on and I have been rocking the show this week. We started our Gifted and Talented testing Monday morning at 8:30. Luckily we had a break today on Halloween, but we are back at it tomorrow! Working with the advanced class puts a lot of pressure on the students and the teachers to score high. Of course the kids don't know what the test is for, but they get frustrated if they don't know the right answer.

Back to our REAL classroom- we are focusing on COMPREHENSION like crazy. I have the students taking their books home everyday to read and return to school. I am bound and determined to have all A's on their quizzes this week. I decided to pump up the enthusiasm by bringing out some "witchy ways" to read. Check out the witches fingers I scored from Party City for 2 dollars:

It was the perfect way to add some Halloween funness to our reading groups!

I better get out of this classroom before I start eating more left over candy. Now on to the trick-or-treaters! Have a safe Halloween night!

No comments:

Post a Comment