Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Previewing Prefixes

I seriously do not remember learning prefixes in Second Grade. But wowie wow wow am I impressed by my smarties. I showed them the prefix "un" to start off easy and they took off listing word after word with this prefix.

I started off by making this very to-the-point Anchor Chart on prefixes. I decided not to do anything fancy because I didn't want my students to get sidetracked and lose focus in the meaning of the lesson. Sometimes I can go off on "fancy tangents" but this one is s.i.m.p.l.e.


I found a fun idea with making "Fortune Tellers" with Prefixes, so I decided to make my own. Click below to get your own FREEBIE copy at my Teachers Pay Teachers Store!

Here's a picture of the final product:

Well, I better get back to planning our new Culture Unit (it's my favorite!!) Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment