Tuesday, January 22, 2013

We All Have Dreams

Okay January, slowwww down. This month is SPEEDING by! I'm trying my best to keep up, but it's been hard. I'm proud of myself though because this morning I sat down and wrote down all of my "to-do's" for the week. I am known for my organization, but it's not as good as people think! (A little white lie never hurt anyone!)

We have been learning all about Martin Luther King Jr. and the wonderful things that he did for our world. We talked about how we all have dreams and no dream is too small or too big. I have such a sweet class and was so impressed with their dreams. We made a super cute craft, which was inspired by a project I found on Pinterest. You can find the original idea at Mrs. Moore's Busy Bees.
And I found the worksheet at Firstgradefriendz's TPT Shop.


How sweet is that? I like to give them real life examples of people who have dreams. I told them to think about what would have happened if someone told Ms. P that she couldn't be a teacher. They replied "That wouldn't be fair!" Bingo...lesson was gotten. I love those little lightbulbs over their heads.

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment