Friday, May 10, 2013

We're Kind of A Big Deal

Okay people, line up for autographs because I have 22 PUBLISHED writers in my classroom now. These kids are on Cloud Nine because these little friends came in today:



I am SO excited! When I went to the mentor training in March, a fellow teacher mentioned that she publishes a book each year. I told her that I just had to know more details and she sent me over to Student Treasures. If you have never checked this website out, I highly recommend it! They send you a free kit with everything you need (and tons of directions for those of us who need it- like me!) You set a "publishing date" and that is when all of your materials have to be returned to the company. The books were returned to us in a month and they are amazing! Parents can order them ahead of time or order afterwards.

Check out these pages:


I decided for us to write about "Super Character Traits" because we have been working hard with our Character Counts! program. I even bought a book for our Character Education coordinator- but it's a surprise so don't tell her!! I am so proud of my little smarties :) What a great way to start the weekend!

See you all next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment