Friday, April 25, 2014

Five for Friday

WHAT A WEEK!

It seems that every year the week after Spring Break is spent easing back into our daily schedule. NOT THIS YEAR! I could honestly do a Twenty-Five for Friday with all that's been going on.... but here is my Friday link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching


We started learning about Haiku poems this week. We started off by writing haikus about Earth Day. It took some trial and error with the syllables, but we had fun talking about our planet! Keep it green guys!


Our second graders learned about renewable resources this week as part of our Earth Day study. We had some visitors from a plant that makes recycled boxes. They talked about the importance of recycling and keeping our Earth "green." They brought each student a t-shirt and a southern pine tree to plant in their own yard... FOR FREE! The TICCIT program is fabulous!

 
My students worked all week on their Market Day items. They chose their own groups, came up with a business plan, produced their goods, and advertised their shop. They used tickets to go around to the other shops to practice being consumers as well. It's such a fun week and my kiddos always love it!

If you think that you have the best teammates... I'm sorry, you're wrong. Just teasing, I'm sure yours are equally as great... but seriously my team rocks. I have never worked with such a great group of teachers like this! We get along so well, we're all terrific planners, and we always have each others back (and you can run and tell dat!). Second grade took a field trip today and we were able to sit down for just a few minutes to catch a 3D Penguins movie. Is it just me or are field trips EXHAUSTING? Too bad I have a 9:30 kickball game tonight... otherwise I would be heading to bed at 5pm.



Alright yall, it's confession time. I'm a little really nervous about my 5k tomorrow. Before the color run, I actually practiced running... this time, not so much. I've been doing more weight lifting, kettle bell, and elliptical training so I'm a little rusty with my running. I'm also not sure about how I'll do after field trip today, kickball from 9:30 to 10:30 tonight, then early morning wake up for the run. But I can already taste the really unhealthy food I'm going to consume after this run. I mean you gotta celebrate being fit by being unhealthy right? No? Oh well...

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Market Day looks awesome!! Field trips are totally exhausting... I have one on Monday to Columbia and I am totally dreading it. I'm in Charlotte! Thanks for following! :)

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete