Monday, September 12, 2016

New Classroom Rug

I could write a book about my adventures in owning a classroom rug. I'll give you the abridged version now:

First year: IKEA rug, only 1/3 of my class could fit on it "Sorry students, you can sit on the tile." *this was also the year of my trailer park.. I mean learning cottage.. experience.* 

Second year: a super sweet mom and fellow teacher bff bought me a classroom rug. It was so pretty and so much bigger, but this was the year I had 31 students and I still couldn't fit everyone. *Year two of the trailer park*

Third and Fourth year: Kept my gifted rug. Had a teacher try to persuade me to give it to her because it matched her classroom better (girl, do you not know my life... I live to match things!)

Sixth year: So there was a huge library rug. It was then moved to a first grade classroom. The first grade classroom became a second grade classroom. That second grade teacher left and gave it to another teacher. That teacher left and gave it to me. I didn't have many fans this year due to me having this rug (LOL- and some people like to call me the rug stealer) but it was huge and I loved it.

Obviously when I left, I had to leave it in room 145. So once again I was left without a rug. I decided to take some classroom donation money I had received and buy a super nice classroom rug. I went days not being able to make up my mind on which one I wanted. The kids picked it out and we are LOVING it! My cute 20 kiddo class can all fit comfortably on it and I can't wait to use it as a visual during our Culture Unit.



If you're looking for a rug for your classroom you have got to check out KidCarpet.com So affordable and such great quality! So happy with our new addition :)
Hope everyone is having a great start to the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment